Friday, September 19, 2008

Job Hunt-Part II

Once again I have been asked about new job possibilities. I have been disappointed so far with the number of jobs being listed, I was hoping for many more. So far I have applied to 13 schools, I was hoping for more like 20-30. If only I did Middle East history or even this year Colonial History there are tons of jobs. It is a circular thing, next year there could be 40 19th Century jobs, but I do not want to wait until next year. Keep us in your prayers that either I will get one of these (I only need one to be interested) or something good will open. Here are the most recent jobs

Old Dominion University. They want someone to teach 19th Century and must be able to teach Civil War (hay I can do that). It’s back in Va which is great but in Norfolk which is kind of a rough area, but close to the beach.

Skidmore College. They want some to teach everything from Colonial to Civil War which I would enjoy, I like Colonial and Revolutionary stuff. It is in New York state which I think is one of the prettiest areas in the country. Closest family will be around 6 to 7 hours which is far, but better than now.

Pittsburg State University. They want a 19th Century. This is in Pittsburg Kansas which is an hour or so south of Kansas City. It is small town that focuses on the University, perfect for me. They also have the winningest football team in Div II history. The best part of living here is that like in Arkansas we are a day and a half from everyone, which is not bad. If we live in the East or West we will be close to some family but 3 days from others, this way we would be right in the middle and can see everyone.

Troy University. They want a 19th Century with a subfield in the Civil War. Perfect job for me, but it is in South Alabama. If we can make it here, we can live anywhere, but well have to see. It is a good civil war job, and they love studying the Civil War in Alabama so it might be a good fit.

Salisburg University. Looking for a 19th Century historian. The good part is it is in the eastern shore of Maryland which is a nice location. It is close to family and cultural events yet isolated enough to be rural. It is also very close to the beach and would be a nice area.

So only five new ones, but it only takes one

5 comments:

Elder & Sister Ellis said...

Great prospects! We'll keep you in our prayers.

Raymond said...

Despite the stats, I see thousands of 125K jobs posted on employment sites:

http://www.linkedin.com
http://www.monster.com
http://www.realmatch.com

There are tons of jobs if you look.

Lyf2.0 said...

Salisburg sounds good to us! Ya... iksnay on Norfolk.

Tamara said...

Job searching is tough, we will keep praying for you. Did you ever talk to my friends dad? I have an interview tomorrow so I hope that it goes well:)

Shane said...

I'm still pulling for Weber State, who can I talk to?