Thursday, February 14, 2008

A response to comments

My brother-in-law, whom I respect his opinion, has suggested I was a bit unfair towards McCain when it comes to his voting against the tax cuts. Yes it is true McCain sited his reasons as he also wanted a bill to cut spending. McCain has an excellent record on this, one area where I admire him. He is only one of 5 men on capitol hill that has not earmarked spending for his state. However, I still feel my criticism is just. As I am sure all would agree, politicians lie. They always have great reason as to why they do certain things. As it came out this morning that Clinton is in the top percent of earmarking for her state, she justified it for saying she is defending NY from terrorists (and she gets mad when others use the 911 card), but who can argue against fighting terrorists. There is only one way to know the truth about politicians and that is their voting record, they can not lie there. McCain voted against tax cuts, he can give all the reasons he wants, but he still voted against tax cuts. I will support McCain completely if he tried to stop spending, but I still want to see a president who supports tax cuts. He has said that he will spend trillions of dollars on fighting global warming, where will he get the money. This leads me believe tax cuts are not in his future. And by the way for those you who are living north of us, which is all of you, what do you think about global warming as you are experiencing this winter, as for us it is still in the 90s. One more comment for Doug, your neighbors may be able to beat up ours, but I bet ours are betters swimmers. Good luck to Doug and Tami, we are praying for you guys, I hope went well.

No comments: