Thursday, March 6, 2008

Big Jake


I want to make a quick personal note. My son Jake is such a wonderful kid. On the way to school today he finished reading Green Eggs and Ham. It was the first time he has read a real book all the way by himself. He was so happy and could not wait to tell his teacher. I could not be more pleased with him. He started off a bit behind, being in speech and other special classes, but he has just taken off. I know I was not close to reading a book when I was in Kindergarten. He also gave a talk in church on Sunday. What a great church we belong to that allows six year old the opportunity to speak and begin to develop a testimony of Christ. Lately he has made me laugh, because his answer to everything when I question him is, because were best friends. He knows how to get to me. I have never known a better spirit than Jake, the way he has genuine concern for the wellbeing of Savannah and Jackson warms my heart, I am just glad he is my son.

1 comment:

danandconnie@gmail.com said...

We are proud of him too. He will have to see the new movie on Green and Eggs and Ham. You, too, used to read the Book of Mormon picture books and tell the stories from the pictures. You prepared your own talks in Sunday School from that book and gave your talk by yourself at age 6. You were in reading classes and I was always amazed at your concentration beacause so much was going on around you and you still read outloud. Like Father, like son. We are glad both of you are in our family.