Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Couple Quick Thoughts

I just wanted to make two different comments about issues of the week. First the Democratic VP. Now that Obama has received the magic number to officially represent the Democrats, Hillary is going to need to back out. But the bigger news is the push to put her on the ticket as V.P. I feel for Obama. I look at it this way, the very fact that Hillary is being forced on Obama is the reason I am sure he does not want her on his ticket. She is not even the V. P. yet already she is bullying him around. Do you really want a V.P. who has the public attention, power, and arrogance to question every decision you make. Will he have to defer to her on foreign policy? She may end up as the V.P., but I guess that Obama will do everything to stop it.


Secondly I just want to post a link to another story. I am a huge sports fan, but not so much an athlete fan. It seems that most athletes are spoiled crybabies with a sense of entitlement because they run fast. Yet I know not all athletes are Kobe Bryant’s (biggest cry baby of them all), and Peter King from S. I. has written a story about athletes who help who do not always get the attention or credit. If you want to read his story it is the first page here.

4 comments:

Kelsey Carreon said...

word is that Ted Strickland Gov OH and Jim Webb Senator - VA are on his short list. Hillary is not even being considered at this time. She is way too "in your face" to ever be a VP and who wants her and BC storming through the White House running roughshod over everyone.

The Finck Five said...

I have heard alot about Warner from Va also. But I would disagree about Clinton, she may not be on Obama's short list, but she is at the top of the parties which is my point, he may be forced into accepting her. What I was trying to say is the more they force the less he will want her. Obama is in a tough position.

Elder & Sister Ellis said...

I'm worried that Obama will get steamrolled into putting her on the ticket. The new buzz phrase is..."he can win without her, but he can't lose with her." I'm worried b/c there may be a lot of truth to that.

The Finck Five said...

agreed