Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Madness of March Has Come To An End

This was a great March, I guess I was right in my prediction at the beginning of the tournament; Memphis can not make a foul shot. Up 9 points with only 2 minutes and loose, that’s horrible. All Kansas had to do at the end was foul and Memphis could not make a shot. I thought the Kansas coach deserves a lot of credit for his defense strategy on Rose. I have watch Rose play several times this year and thought he was this years best point guard, the way he beat up on a very good Texas point guard was outstanding. Yet the way Kansas doubled him at every pick completely shut him down, at least in the first half. Rose seemed intimidated by the Kansas point guard (Chalmers). Chalmers also made one of the best shots in final game history with his last minute three-pointer. The one thing I would have done, which I know many people disagreed with, is I would have fouled at the end so they could only shoot for 2 points. In the end it was a great tournament and some great games. I was surprised to see the Saturday night games were such blowouts. I did not see them with conference (I am still waiting for people to agree to sign a petition to move conference weekend), but two good teams were crushed.

As for my own picks, I did not do so well. Out of the 8 players in my group I came in fifth. The winner is my brother-in-laws brother. The worst part is my wife Melissa came in second place, meaning once again she has beaten me. This gets annoying, but then again this is why I married her. I would rather her beat me, than to not play at all. Thanks to all who played and I can’t wait until next year. But the best part of March Madness being over is that means only five months until football.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Melissa does seem to rock these brackets...every time. There is always next year. At least you beat us.